You can try this easy Sinigang na Isdang Imelda with Kamias with Miso! Using the natural sourness of Kamias or Bilimbi, the soup is just perfectly sour! Great for any cold weather.
However, if kamias is not available you can always substitute it with Sinigang Mix.
Sinigang na Imelda sa Kamias with Miso
1 kilogram isdang imelda (Carp), cleaned and salted
1 cup bilimbi or kamias
3 tbsp miso paste
1 thumb ginger (luya), peeled and chopped
1 bundle string beams (sitaw), sliced
1 eggplant (talong), sliced
1 white radish (labanos), sliced
1 bundle river spinach (kangkong), remove large stems
2 finger chilies (siling panigang)
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion (sibuyas), chopped
4 cloves garlic (bawang)
1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
1 litre water (or hugas bigas water)
1. In a pot, heat oil to sauté onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes over medium heat. Let it cook until it becomes fragrant.
2. Add miso paste, mix and let it cook for a few seconds.
3. Add water and bring it to a boil.
4. Let it simmer over low heat. Add eggplant, string beans, white radish and kamias.
5. Let the veggies cook for about 5-10minutes.
6. Then, add the slices of imelda fish. Continue to simmer until the fish is cooked through.
7. Lastly, add kangkong and finger chilies. Let it simmer for about 1 minute.
8. Season with patis to taste.
9. Turn off heat. Serve hot and enjoy!