Try this super yummy fruit tart you can make for your loved one’s this Valentines Day! Easy to make, sweet and so colorful!
For the tart:
1 cup butter (250g)
2 ⅝ cups All purpose flour (325g)
1 cup icing sugar (125g)
few drops vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
200g heavy cream or whipped cream (substitute all purpose cream if you can’t find heavy cream)
1 can condensed milk
200g Cream cheese (softened at room temp)
1 tbsp Gelatin powder
Any fruit flavoring/essence
Slices of fresh fruits (peaches, strawberries, grapes, oranges, pineapple etc.)
1. For the Tart Crust: Combine all the ingredients and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour. Then roll the dough and cut and put it in a tart pan and bake for 12 to 14 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
2. For Filling: First, mix the gelatin in two tablespoon of hot water and let it bloom. Set aside.
3. Then beat the whip cream for 3-5 min and add 1 can of condensed milk, cream cheese, gelatin, food essence and beat for 3 more minutes. Mixture is ready
4. Add this on top of the tart and let it set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
5. Decorate it with fresh fruits upon serving and glaze it on top.
How to make a shiny glaze:
In a small pot, melt 3 tablespoon of your favorite jam (like apricot jam) over very low heat and dilute it with little water.
Happy cooking! Serve cool and enjoy!