Try this super yummy fruit tart you can make for your loved one’s this Valentines Day! Easy to make, sweet and so colorful!
FRUIT TART RECIPE
- For the tart:
- 1 cup butter (250g)
- 2 ⅝ cups All purpose flour (325g)
- 1 cup icing sugar (125g)
- 1 egg
- few drops vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Cream Filling:
- 200g heavy cream or whipped cream (substitute all purpose cream if you can’t find heavy cream)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 200g Cream cheese (softened at room temp)
- 1 tbsp Gelatin powder
- Any fruit flavoring/essence
- Fruit Toppings and Glaze:
- Slices of fresh fruits (peaches, strawberries, grapes, oranges, pineapple, kiwi etc.)
- Fruit Jam, for glaze (any fruit jam flavor)
- For the Tart Crust: Combine all the ingredients and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour. Then roll the dough and cut and put it in a tart pan and bake for 12 to 14 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- For Filling: First, mix the gelatin in two tablespoon of hot water and let it bloom. Set aside.
- Then beat the whip cream for 3-5 min and add 1 can of condensed milk, cream cheese, gelatin, food essence and beat for 3 more minutes. Mixture is ready
- Add this on top of the tart and let it set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Decorate it with fresh fruits just like a flower arrangement.
- How to make a shiny glaze: In a small pot, melt 3-6 tablespoon of your favorite jam (like apricot or any jam) over very low heat and dilute it with little water so you can easily brush it on top of the fruits.
- Happy cooking. Serve cool and enjoy!