Try this easy breakfast recipe of Shakshuka with matching bread on the side. A simple yet delicious mediterranean recipe you can try at home.
According to Wikipedia: Shakshouka (also known as shakshuka or chakchouka) is a dish of tomatoes with poached eggs in a saucy tomato, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic. Usually spiced with cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. The dish has existed in Mediterranean cultures for centuries.
1 large onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
5-6 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 red bell pepper, minced
Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
4 fresh eggs
coriander leaves, chopped
Cooking Notes: If you want it spicy you may add chopped red chillies or finger chillies!
1. In a pan, saute chopped onions and garlic in extra virgin olive oil till golden brown. Add 1 tsp paprika powder 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and bell pepper. Cook on medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Once all incorporated crack each eggs one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce.
4. Cover the pan with lid and leave it for 1 to 2 minutes on low flame.
5. Take off the lid and sprinkle ground black pepper and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy!