A very hearty soup for the cold weather! Super yummy and the corn smells so good as it cooks. Make sure to use fresh sweet corn to make a very delicious soup! Simple, easy and budget-friendly meal for the whole family. Happy cooking!
Misua, Tomato and Corn Soup
200g misua (chinese vermicelli)
2 cups sweet corn (ginayat na mais)
1 thumb ginger (luya), minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 pork broth cube
6 cups water or pork broth
2 tbsp spring onions, minced (dahon ng sibuyas na mura)
patis, salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, heat oil to saute onions, garlic, ginger until fragrant. Then add in corn kernels and let it cook for about 3 minutes if using fresh corn.
2. Then, add water, tomato sauce, and pork broth cube.
3. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for about 20 minutes until corn kernels are cooked and tender.
4. Lastly, add the misua noodles and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Season with patis or salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
6. Serve hot and garnish with spring onions upon serving. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Happy cooking and enjoy!