Try another twist of these delicious Embutido. These Embutido are homemade frozen meatloaf logs you can prepare quickly for lunch pack meals. These can be freeze and kept inside the freezer for one month. So you can stock as much as you want and just pull one log whenever you like. Just slice, fry and it’s ready for serving.
- For Meat Mixture:
- 3 eggs, raw
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup grated Gabi (taro)
- 2 tbsp. liver spread
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 kilogram ground pork (chilled
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup cheese cheese
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained syrup
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- ½ cup raisins
- For Filling:
- 1 whole pickle relish, sliced in thin sticks
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- For Wrapper:
- Aluminum foil (for wilted banana leaves)
- In a mixing bowl, add raw eggs, bread crumbs, tomato paste, grated Gabi, liver spread, carrots. Mix it well together.
- Then add in chilled ground pork (not frozen but just cold), salt, pepper, grated cheese, crushed pineapple, red bell pepper, onions, raisins. Mix it well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Prepare 2pcs square aluminum foil (per log), grease it with oil and add about ½ cup of mixture. Flatten it on the center, then add the quartered eggs and pickle relish sticks on the center. Roll the foil to form a log and twist both ends to seal.
- Steam it for about 30-40 minutes. Let it cool and remove foil. Slice and serve with ketchup on the side. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Yield: 4 embutido logs
- If steamer is not available you can also cook it on boiling water but make sure the foil is sealed tightly on all ends to prevent water from going inside the meat.
- If Gabi is not available you can substitute grated camote or potatoes.
- Shelf life: 1 month frozen