This cold weather is calling for a soup recipe. Why not try an easy and delicious French Onion Soup. Super yummy and warm!
French Onion Soup
4 tbsp. butter
3 large white onions, thinly sliced into half moons
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ cup white wine (alternatively white grape juice)
2 cups chicken stock
4 cups beef stock
8 sprigs fresh thyme (about 4 teaspoon if dried thyme)
8 baguette slices
1 cup grated Gruyère (provolone, swiss, parmesan, or any cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Sauté onions until deeply golden for about 25 minutes.
2. Add in flour, stir and let cook for a minute (until no longer raw). Season with salt and pepper, then add white wine and let simmer until it evaporates for about 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken & beef stock, thyme and let it come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and just let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and remove thyme sprigs.
5. Toasting Baguette slices: You may use an oven toaster, a pan or oven.
6. Preheat oven to high. Place 8 baguette slices on a large baking sheet and top each slice with 2 tablespoon cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden brown for 1 minute.
7. Serve soup in bowls or large mugs with baguette slice on top. Garnish with a thyme spring.
You may also try our:
Credits: Sheri Silver
Thanks for dropping by our website. Happy cooking and enjoy!