I couldn’t get enough of this italian dish. This classic recipe for Pasta Puttanesca was shared by a charming granny, Nonna Muiccia from Italy. It is one of the most quick, simple pasta dish to make and its pack with so much flavor from the salty anchovies and hint of chili. This dish can be on your table in less than 20 minutes, and your kids will surely love it too!
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- 500 grams of red tomatoes (fresh or canned ones)
- 100 grams of pitted black olives, sliced
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- A large pinch of chilli flakes (Add more or less depending on how much heat you want)
- Virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Heat pan with virgin olive oil, then add the crushed garlic, the chili, the chopped anchovies, sliced olives and capers cut in half. Sauté all the ingredients then add the tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced.
- Season with salt to taste and add chopped parsley after cooking.
- For the pasta, cook the spaghetti al dente, then drain and pour into the pan with the sauce. Sauté for a few minutes and serve the spaghetti Puttanesca, garnished with fresh parsley. Buon Appetito!
Preparation time: 15 minutes