This Barbecue Honey Garlic Ribs is easily baked in the oven. Marinate, bake the ribs, cook the sauce and you’re done. Super easy, not too much effort but super tasty. For those who can’t use an oven, you may boil and fry the ribs alternatively and toss the ribs into the BBQ sauce. Happy cooking!
Note: What is dark soy sauce and why it is added in the recipe? Dark soy sauce adds more depth in flavor and the meat becomes darker in color. However, you can easily omit it, if its not available in your area.
BBQ Honey Garlic Ribs
2 kilograms pork ribs, cut in small size
1 tbsp 5 spice powder (ngohiong powder)
2 tbsp dark soy sauce (omit, if none)
½ cup soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp Garlic powder
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
For Honey Garlic Sauce:
1 cup water/ or chicken broth
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
¼ cup water + 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 Red chilli pepper, minced (labuyo)
1 tsp Green onions, chopped
1. Marination: Cut the ribs in small pieces (for easy cooking). In a bowl, mix all ingredients except garlic powder. Marinate the ribs for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven at 350°F or 176°C. Arrange the marinated ribs in an oven tray lined with greased baking paper. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Reserve and set aside the marinating sauce.
3. Bake the ribs for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. For the Sauce: Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small sauce pot and let it boil for 5-10 minutes. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent scorching.
To make the sauce thicker and shiny, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch with ¼ cup water. Then add it into the sauce. Let it cook for a minute or two until sauce is thickened.
5. Pour over the sauce into the baked ribs. Garnish with chopped red chillies and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you want it more saucy, just make another set of marinating sauce.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Please visit us every day for more new recipes. Happy cooking!