This Barbecue Honey Garlic Ribs is easily baked in the oven. Marinate, bake the ribs, cook the sauce and you’re done. Super easy, not too much effort but super tasty. For those who can’t use an oven, you may boil and fry the ribs alternatively and toss the ribs into the BBQ sauce. Happy cooking!
Note: What is dark soy sauce and why it is added in the recipe? Dark soy sauce adds more depth in flavor and the meat becomes darker in color. However, you can easily substitute it with just a soy sauce too if its not available in your area.
BBQ Honey Garlic Ribs
2 kilogram pork ribs, cut in small size
1 tbsp 5 spice powder (ngohiong powder)
3 tbsp dark soy sauce (substitute with soy sauce if none)
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 cloves chopped garlic
2 tbsp Garlic powder
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
2 Red chilli pepper, minced (labuyo)
1 tsp Green onions, chopped
1. Marination: Cut the ribs in small pieces (for easy cooking). In a bowl, mix all ingredients except garlic powder. Marinate the ribs for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven at 350°F or 176°C. Arrange the marinated ribs in an oven tray lined with greased baking paper. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Reserve and set aside the marinating sauce.
3. Bake the ribs for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. For the Sauce: Once the meat is done pour the leftover marinade sauce in the wok and add 1 tbsp brown sugar. Stir until it becomes thick and nice in color (if too sweet you can add 1 tbsp vinegar). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
5. Pour over the sauce into the baked ribs. Garnish with chopped red chillies and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you want it more saucy, just make another set of marinating sauce.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Please visit us every day for more new recipes. Happy cooking!