Try these Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce in bulk recipe of 1 kilo Red Chillies or Labuyo. You can use this sauce not only to siomai but to any main dish you have on the table. Sell it in small bottles too.
Sweet Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 kilo siling labuyo/red chillies
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 500 grams garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt, to taste
NOTES: Don’t forget to use face mask, the fume of chillies can be so spicy in nose and hands too. Use plastic gloves to protect your hands and avoid smelling it directly.
1. Use a blender to grind the labuyo into finer pieces with oil until it becomes a paste like texture. Set aside mixture. (Blend it in batches if using a small blender).
2. In a pan, toast the garlic into oil, keep stirring until browned and fragrant.
3. Add labuyo paste mixture and vinegar into toasted garlic.
4. Let it simmer, add sugar and stir well. Simmer for around 20 minutes over lowest heat possible. Continue to cook until most of the liquid or juices has evaporated.
5. Season with salt to taste. Turn off heat onced the texture becomes saucy.
6. Let cool and transfer into clean and sterilized bottle containers with cover.
Happy cooking and enjoy!