This Mango Shrimp is super delicious, now that the mango season si back. You have to try it! Best to serve with fresh ripe mango slices on the side. So yummmy!
MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE
½ kilograms raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 eggs, beaten
5 tbsp tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
1 cup all purpose flour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For The Mango Sauce:
1 cup ripe mango flesh, chopped
⅓ cup all purpose cream milk
1 tsp. lime juice/calamansi
1-2 chili pepper, thinly minced (labuyo)
2-3 tsp honey/or sugar
For non spicy version: you may alternatively use small bell pepper instead of chili pepper.
1. Prepare 3 bowls, add the tapioca starch/cornstarch to the first bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the beaten egg in the second bowl, and all purpose flour in the third. Arrange all the bowls up on your countertop in the following order (tapioca starch, egg whites, then flour).
3. One by one, dredge the shrimp in tapioca starch, then egg, then flour.
4. Once all the shrimp are breaded, deep-fry the shrimp in oil not longer than 3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For the Sauce: In a blender, combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until it becomes smooth.
6. Serve it hot with drizzled mango sauce. Enjoy!