These Thai Chicken Wings are hot and spicy! Get ready to devour lots of steamed rice. It’s easy to make because the sauce is simple and yet absolutely delicious. Happy cooking!
Here’s the brand I used for my recipe. Available in all leading SM supermarket in metro manila. You may also look for it in major online shopping store like Lazada and Shopee. For International, you may check it out in asian stores near you. (FYI: I am not endorsing this brand. Im satisfied so I am sharing it).
Spicy Thai Chicken Wings
6 whole chicken wings, cut in half at the joint
1 to 2 cups tempura flour (I used Mc Cormick Tempura flour)
2 cups cornstarch or potato starch
Oil, for frying
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups Thai sweet chili sauce (or any, about 2 small bottles)
½ cup sriracha sauce
In a bowl, whisk together the chili sauce and sriracha until well combined. Set aside.
1. Heat enough oil to 350°F or 176°C, in a large deep fryer or large Dutch oven.
2. Wash chicken wings in icy cold water and place wet into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the wings evenly with the tempura flour until a thin batter forms. Place the bowl under a bowl of ice cubes to maintain coldness (preferably)
3. Dredge chicken wings in the cornstarch. Shake to remove any excess.
4. Deep fry chicken wings in batches (don’t over crowd) and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Occasionally turning the chicken until cooked through and becomes golden brown.
5. Transfer fried chicken wings into a plate lined with paper towels. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Then toss it into the prepared spicy sauce. Garnish with fresh spring onions. Serve and enjoy!