These tender and crispy breaded butterfly shrimp are so yummy. A nice shrimp appetizer recipe you can try for any special occasion like baptismal, birthday party or any simple gathering. Happy cooking and enjoy!
1 kilogram large-sized shrimp
2 pieces raw eggs, beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (optional)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika powder (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
For the shrimp:
1. Wash and clean shrimp. Remove the head part, peel, and devein. Do not remove the shrimp tail.
2. Slit the shrimp lengthwise in the center then and spread it out like a butterfly. Make sure the tail is intact.
For the breading:
3. Prepare 3 bowls. Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. In the second bowl, beat eggs then add a little water.
5. In the third bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and minced parsley.
6. Dredge the shrimp into the flour mixture from the tail and dip it in egg mixture.
7. Do the same step, dredge the shrimp into flour mixture and dip it again in the egg mixture.
8. Roll it in the bread crumbs and lightly press to coat evenly. Transfer in a tray and repeat until all the shrimp are breaded. .
9. In a small pot, heat enough oil then deep fry breaded shrimp for 2 minutes until golden brown.
10. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!