This Oriental Style Pork Guisado or Stir Fry Pork is quick and easy to make. Delicious asian style stir fried Pork which is very soft because I used Pork loin or lomo with mushrooms and sliced young corn. Yummy menu for your picky eaters. Happy cooking!
Oriental Style Pork Guisado
½ kilograms pork loin (lomo), sliced in strips
200g young corn, sliced in half
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk of celery, sliced in strips
2 red bell pepper, strips
50g sliced mushroom (in can)
¼ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup chicken stock (or water)
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
onion leeks or spring onions, sliced thinly (optional garnish)
1 tbsp cornstarch + water (for slurry)
1. In a bowl, marinate pork with combined patis, sesame oil and cornstarch. Let it stand for about an hour and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry pork until golden brown. Drain from oil and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
4. Add in mushroom, celery, young corn and bell pepper. Let it cook until the veggies are cooked through.
5. Add in the pork loin and season it with oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil. Mix it well and add the chicken stock afterwards.
6. Bring it to a boil and simmer over low heat. Add in the cornstarch slurry (dissolved cornstarch in cold water). Mix it well and let sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
7. Transfer into a serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds with chopped spring onions on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!