This Chicken Adobong puti is simple and delicious. Try it mga momshies! Basic ingredients of adobo except for the soy sauce. Its like adobo but without soy sauce.
Chicken Adobong Puti
8 pcs chicken (skin on)
6 tablespoons oil
1 head garlic, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
½ cup white vinegar (125 ml)
1 tsp black peppercorns
3 pcs bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
1 cup water
2 tbsp patis, (fish sauce)
salt and ground pepper
1. Preparation: Season the chicken with salt and some ground pepper.
2. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the chicken in batches and let the skin brown, about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcrowd your pan.
3. Once cooked, remove the chicken and reduce the oil in the pan.
4. Place the pan back on heat, saute garlic and toast it a bit. Then add onions and saute until soft and fragrant.
5. Add the white vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves and chicken.
6. Bring the vinegar to a boil first and then add 1 cup water to the chicken
7. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer over low heat until cooked through and most of the water have evaporated. (slow cooking)
8. Continue to cook until it becomes saucy and all the flavors are absorbed for about 20 minutes. Season with patis to taste.
9. Turn of heat. Serve hot with steamed rice. Happy cooking and enjoy!