Skip to content
This Beef Chili con bacon recipe is leveled up Chili Con Carne version. Better and delicious with a twist of crispy bacon bits. Super yummy!
Beef Chili Con Bacon
- 5 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 rounded tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cheddar cheese, grated (garnish)
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add oil and fry bacon until crispy.
- Drain oil but leave 1 tablespoon of bacon grease with the bacon.
- Add the onion, garlic and spices. Let it cook until the onions are soft and browned slightly for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust heat to medium-high. Add the ground beef and break up the clumps.
- Continue to cook the beef until browned.
- Add the beans, tomato puree and diced tomatoes. Let it boil and adjust heat to low and simmer. Cover pan and stir occasionally for about 1 hour.
- Remove the pan cover and continue to simmer for another 1 hour over low heat, until the sauce becomes thick and dark.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot over a bowl of bread with grated cheese on top with toasted bread on the side. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: