This Sweet Style Spaghetti with Fresh Basil smell so delicious! The fresh basil leaves and bell pepper infused more flavor to the sauce. Try it today!
Where to buy fresh basil? I bought my fresh basil leaves at SM supermarket vegetable section.
Sweet Style Spaghetti with Fresh Basil
1 kilogram lean ground beef
1 kilogram spaghetti pasta
1 large white onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 small tomatoes, chopped
2 small red bell pepper, minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 kilogram White King Fiesta Sweet Sauce (tomato spaghetti sauce)
4 tbsp UFC Banana Ketchup
½ tetra pack All purpose cream ( about ½ cup)
1 ½ cups water
4 pcs fresh basil leaves, minced
2 tbsp butter or oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cheese, grated
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain from water, cover pot and set it aside.
2. In a pan, saute garlic, onions and tomatoes in butter until fragrant and soft. Set aside.
3. Heat a large pot, add ground beef and let it fry in its own oil until it becomes brownish. In my case, the beef produced about 1 ½ cup excess fats. Drain beef and discard all the oil.
4. Over medium heat, place back the ground beef in the pot and add the sauteed onions, garlic and tomatoes.
5. Season beef with worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Toss it until the seasoning is well incorporated.
6. Pour in the sweet style tomato sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and add water. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes over low heat.
7. Add in all purpose cream, bell pepper, and fresh basil leaves. Mix it well and continue to simmer over low heat until sauce becomes creamier.
8. Prepare the pasta in a large serving platter, pour in generous sauce on top and garnish with lots of grated cheese.
Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Nerfee Mirandilla
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.