Do you want to bake a Chocolate Cake just like the famous Red Ribbon Chocolate Cake? You have to try this recipe! The frosting really taste like the authentic Red Ribbon cake. Happy Baking!
Chocolate Cake ala Red Ribbon Frosting
For the Chiffon Cake:
7 eggs separated
2 cups sugar
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
½ cup cocoa powder (sifted)
3 tsp baking powder (sifted)
Copycat Red Ribbon frosting
1 big can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
½ cup cocoa
3 tbsp cornstarch
¼ cup water
4 tbsp butter
1 slice chocolate cake, crumbled (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven.
For the Chiffon:
2. In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil and egg yolks until light and creamy. Add in vanilla essence. Add in water, sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix well and set it aside.
3. Make a meringue: In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until it forms a peak.
4. Fold the meringue (or egg whites) with the prepared batter in step 2.
5. Pour in the greased pan and bake at 135°C (or 275°F) for 35 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
Note: Let it cool completely once done before starting to frost your cake.
Ala Red Ribbon Frosting:
6. In a small pot, mix all the ingredients except for the butter. Cook it over low heat stirring with a whisk constantly until it becomes thick. Turn off heat and remove from fire. Then add the butter. Mix it well.
7. Once the cake is cool, remove it from the pan and start frosting your on the sides. Sprinkle the chocolate crumbs on the side.
8. Remove excess crumbs on top and add the last set of frosting and finish the top with chocolate frosting.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.