This cake is a delicious recipe from France. If you want to have a quick afternoon snack try this citrus flavored cake. This is actually the first cake that most children bake in France. Happy baking!
French Yogurt Cake
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest or orange zest
¾ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
nonstick vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 176°C (350°F). Coat a standard 8″ in loaf pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. Whisk 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ¾ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
3. Using your fingers, rub 1 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest or orange zest (your choice) in a large bowl until sugar is moist.
4. Add ¾ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract; whisk to blend.
5. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes until cake top becomes golden brown. Insert toothpick in center to check if done, it should come out clean.
7. Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert cake into a plate and let it cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.