This Homemade Ginger-Garlic Paste is simply the Best! It is made from fresh ingredients, flavourful and easy to make.
It is an essential and staple ingredients in Indian and Pakistani cooking, its very simple, easy to make, economical and free from artificial preservatives.
It takes just a few minutes to make this paste and can store in your refrigerator for later use.
Use it in your recipes to add flavor and taste instead of using msg. Try this today!
HOMEMADE GINGER-GARLIC PASTE
1 cup Ginger, chopped
1 cup Garlic, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1-2 tbsp Oil (canola oil)
1 tsp vinegar
pinch of salt
1. Rinse ginger with water and peel, then chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Prepare to peel garlic and chop into pieces.
3. Using a blender or food processor, grind together all the above ingredients into smooth paste.
4. Use a serving spoon (clean and dry) and store it in an air-tight container or sterilized, dry glass bottle with cover. Refrigerate for longer shelf life.
1. Make sure to use clean dry spoon, or the paste may change color or spoil soon.
2. Always keep the paste inside the fridge to maintain its freshness. Never let the paste sit longer at normal temperature to prevent spoilage.
3. Ratio of 1:1 works best for ginger-garlic paste. So there should be equal amount of ginger and garlic when preparing.
4. Vinegar is just optional for longer shelf life of the paste. It won’t affect the taste of the paste.
This recipe goes well with:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.