This easy pinoy beef stew is so delicious! Just place the mentioned ingredients and let it stew until tender. The fried potatoes are a perfect add on too. Super tasty and delish.
Just make sure to stew the beef until it becomes very tender. You can use a regular pot or better yet a pressure cooker for a quicker cooking time. This recipe is adapted from Lhet Herzog, a member of Mama’s Guide Recipes Official Facebook Group. Thank you po.
Easy Pinoy Beef Stew
1.2 Kilograms Beef shank/shin, chopped in cubes (Kalitiran)
4 medium potatoes, sliced in wedges
6 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 heads garlic, minced (20 cloves)
¾ cups vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 liter water
1 tbsp dried basil leaves (optional) (may use dahon ng laurel)
salt or patis, to taste
1 tsp sugar
1. In a large pot, add beef and cover with enough water (about 1 liter). Add chopped tomatoes, onions, soy sauce, vinegar, dried basil, and black peppercorns.
2. Bring it to a boil and simmer until beef becomes tender for about 2-3 hours. Cook until water is reduced and occasionally stirring from time to time. Turn off heat once the water turns into a saucy texture.
3. In another pan, add oil and fry the wedges of potatoes until it becomes slightly toasted and fork-tender. Drain from oil and set aside.
4. Once the beef is very tender, remove it one by one from the sauce and transfer to a plate. Reserving sauce for later.
5. In the same pan, fry garlic in sesame oil (or any oil) until lightly brown and fragrant, add the beef cubes. Saute for about 3-5 minutes until brown on all sides.
6. Transfer beef and garlic to the pot of sauce. Continue to simmer over low heat. Add a cup of water if the sauce is too dry.
7. Add in the potatoes. Season with patis or salt to taste and a teaspoon of sugar to balance out taste. Turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
Photos for this recipe is Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All Rights Reserved.