Try the newest craze in town.. Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls. The rolls are so soft and topped with thick cream cheese sauce. Its heavenly creamy with a woody flavor of cinnamon all bursting in one bite. Happy baking!
Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls
4 cups All Purpose Flour (+ ¼ cup for dusting)
2 ½ tsp eagle instant dry yeast
1 cup hot milk
½ cup butter
⅓ cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 eggs (room temperature)
¾ cup heavy cream (optional only)
½ cup butter (softened at room temperature)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
¾ tsp nutmeg
2 ½ tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese (softened at room temp and sliced)
2 cups confectioner sugar
½ cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp only for vanilla flavoring)
You will need:
Baking Pan w/ parchment paper 18×20
1. Make the dough: In a sauce pan, add milk and let it cook over medium to low heat. Do not let it boil. Turn off heat as soon as the milk becomes warm or just before it comes to a boil.
2. Transfer the hot milk in the mixing bowl and add butter. Mix it well until the butter melts. Once the milk becomes cool and warm to touch, add the yeast.
3. Let the yeast stand for about 10 minutes to bloom. Once bubbly, add salt and eggs. Mix it well and then add the flour.
4. Knead it for about 10 minutes, until it becomes a dough and dusting with some sprinkle of flour. Avoid over kneading,your dough should be just elastic and easy to shape.
5. Once done, transfer the dough into a glass bowl and cover it with a cloth or cling wrap. Place it inside a turned off oven and let it rise and double in size for about 1-2 hours.
6. For the Filling: In a mixing bowl whisk or cream the butter, gradually adding sugar in small batches. Then add cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder. Mix it well until incorporated. Set aside.
7. Once the dough has risen to double, prepare your flat working table. Transfer the dough on the dusted table, and punch down the dough twice in the center to release the air. Knead it for a few times and check the elasticity.
8. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough and shape it in rectangular size flattened dough. (You can use a baking paper, patterned from your baking pan as your size guide).
9. Spread the filling into the dough, leave an allowance on each side of about 1-2 inches. Then roll the dough to form a long log. Slice the log in equal portion for about 10-12 slices.
10. Transfer each slice into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover pan and let it rise again for about 30 minutes.
11. Pour heavy cream on top of the cinnamon roll dough and bake it on a preheated oven at 170°C for about 20-25 minutes. You will know its done once the bread becomes brown and the center of the rolls is protruding in the center. Once done, remove from oven and let it cool on the kitchen top.
12. For the cream cheese frosting: Cream the butter (softened at room temp) using a mixer, add cream cheese (softened at room temp), vanilla extract, powdered sugar and beat until it becomes very smooth sauce.
13. Pour all the Cream Cheese Frosting on top of the cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Lauren Gray
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.