This coconut cream pie recipe is for keeps. Simple yet delicious. This is an old fashioned american pie recipe you can try. Happy baking!
Old Fashion Coconut Cream Pie
3 egg yolk, slightly beaten
2 cups milk
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
9-inch pie shell, baked
2 cups whipping cream, whipped and sweetened to taste
Toasted shredded coconut (sapal ng niyog)
1. In a bowl, mix sugar, flour, and salt. Set side.
2. In another bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Stir into flour mixture, blend well.
3. Use a double boiler: Transfer mixture into a saucepan and place it on top of a simmering pot of water.
4. Cook mixture over hot water until thickened, stirring constantly. Cover, cook 10 minutes longer. It may take some time. So be patient.
5. Once thickened, let it cool slightly, add vanilla and stir. Pour into baked pie shell. Let it cool.
6. Just before serving, spread with chilled whipped cream over filling and top with toasted coconut flakes.
*You may use an icing bag and piping tips to decorate with cream
*To toast coconut: Spread shredded coconut in a non stick pan and toast over low heat until brownish.
Makes 1 pie
This recipe goes well with:
Credits: David Holifield
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.