So moist, so chocolatey, everything else is just chocolate cake. Mayonnaise plus rich cocoa powder, equals to an ultimate cake lover’s dream cake.
In this recipe, the creamy-smooth mayonnaise replaced the shortening to add the ultimate moistness and the rich cocoa added an ultimate deep chocolate flavor.
Where to buy Hellman’s mayonnaise and Hersheys Cocoa in Philippines? All available in leading supermarkets, Lazada, Shopee, Facebook market online stores.
THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE
2 cups unsifted flour
⅔ cup cocoa (preferably Hershey)
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 ⅔ cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Hellmans)
1 ⅓ cups water
2 ¾ cups chocolate frosting, recipe below
1. Prepare a 2 (9″) cake pans and grease with oil and flour the bottoms.
2. Sift the (A.) ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl over high speed, beat (B.) ingredients for about 3 min or until light and fluffy.
4. In another bowl, beat in Mayonnaise over low speed. Add flour mixture in 4 batches, alternately with water, beginning and ending with flour. Pour into pans.
5. Bake at 350°F (or 180°C) oven for about 30 to 35 min or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.
6. Remove from oven; cool on racks.
7. Start frosting when cake is cool
Makes 2 (9″) layers
The Ultimate Chocolate Frosting:
Makes 2 ¾ cups
6 tablespoons margarine
¾ cup cocoa (preferably hersheys)
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
6-7 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
candy sprinkles, toppings (optional)
1. In small bowl with mixer at medium speed beat 6 Tbsp margarine to soften. Add ¾ cup cocoa and 3 ½ cups of powdered sugar alternately with 6-7 Tbsp of milk. Beat until in smooth in consistency, adding an additional 1 Tbsp milk, if needed. Add 1 tsp vanilla.
2. Place the first cake on a turn table, frost it on top and place the 2nd layer cake. Continue frosting the side and top of the cake.
3. You may decorate your cake free style using cake spatula and spread it all over or decorate it using a star tip with piping bag. Then sprinkle it on top with colorful star candy sprinkles.
You may also try our:
Photo Credits: American Heritage Chocolate
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.