Low Carb Four Cheese Garlic Pasta
Our featured recipe today is delicious creamy garlic pasta in four cheese flavor! Step aside spaghetti carbonara and alfredo there is a new kid in town. Low carb four cheese garlic pasta recipe is without meat. However, you can add some bacon bits too if your not after low carb recipes. (Recipe updated October 20, 2020 using shell pasta)
Four Cheese Garlic Pasta
- 300 grams shell pasta, uncooked
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup Mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onions, garnish
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes or according to package instructions, until al dente.
- In a saute pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp butter and olive oil. Add garlic and stir, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, 1 cup of water, cream cheese and heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to a boil and add shredded cheeses. Stir constantly until cheeses are melted and pasta is completely coated; about a minute. Reduce heat and continue to cook and stir until sauce is thickened and reduced; about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add the remaining ½ tbsp butter, salt and pepper to taste and give everything one last good stir. You can be a little heavy handed on the pepper as it really takes this dish to a whole new level. Finally squeeze over some lemon juice and viola!
- Serve hot in a bread bowl, and garnish with fresh parsley and some fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: 2