This Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe is just perfect! The meatballs are baked, so its really healthy, less oil and no hassle from frying. Its more convenient to cook.
The herbs I used are just optional if you’re aiming for a budget-friendly recipe. However, for special occasion, you may want to add the herbs I used below to make it awesome. Its perfectly delicious!
I have lots of dried herbs in my pantry and adding a few teaspoon can really make your kitchen smell so divine! Honestly, you really don’t need an msg or the likes to make a recipe delicious. You just need some perfect herbs to match a recipe.
Want some spicy kick? Add more dried chili peppers or some Sriracha Sauce or Chili peppers to your own preference. Enjoy!
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS RECIPE
½ kg ground beef
½ kg ground pork
¾ cup bread crumbs
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon herbs, optional (you may use Mc cormick dried basil, thymes or parsley, I used italian seasoning)
For Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1¼ cups sugar
2 Tablespoon cornstarch
250 ml liquid (remaining pineapple liquid plus water)
½ cup ketchup
½ cup vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
250g can of pineapple chunks, drained, (reserve all liquid)
1 tbsp parsley, minced (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a tray with baking paper and grease.
2. For meatballs:
In a large bowl, add ⅓ cup pineapple liquid, salt, breadcrumbs and garlic; mix it well.
3. Add beaten egg, beef and pork ground meat and dried herbs to the breadcrumbs mixture. Use a fork and combine it together.
4. Scoop one tablespoon and shape it into 1 ½ inch balls; place it on a lined baking tray. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Makes about 30-35 meatballs.
5. Cook the Sauce:
In a saucepan, mix 1 cup pineapple liquid and cornstarch. Add remaining sauce ingredients and whisk it well. Let it cook and keep stirring over medium-high heat until thickened and translucent. Season with salt to taste.
6. Lastly, add green bell pepper and pineapple chunks, cover pot and let it cook for a minute. Turn off heat.
7. Using a tong, transfer cooked meatballs into the serving bowl. Pour in sweet and sour sauce. Garnish with parsley on top. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe goes well with:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
Photo used for this recipe is Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All Rights Reserved.