안녕하세요 (Hello!) Tteokbokki is one of the most popular street food in Korea. Today’s recipe is made with Korean rice cakes (tube shape), Korean fish cakes (flat shape), Korean soup stock / dashi stock, and gochujang (Korean chili paste). Perfect side dish to your Samgyup meal. You can add some veggies, boiled egg and I super love it with melting cheese slices on top! Yummm..
However for people who can’t shop outside. Or want something Instant or Easy Peasy Recipe.. I also prepared a quick and easy recipe. Just check it below!
The good news.. you can buy these ingredients online. You can order the korean rice cakes and other ingredients online. You can purchase it on online stores for cash on delivery or order it on Facebook market and Lala move it for easier cooking.
Tteokbokki Recipe (Korean Rice Cake)
350g Korean tube rice cakes, separated
150g Korean fish cakes, rinsed over hot water, (sliced into triangle)
2 cups Korean soup stock (dried kelp and dried anchovy stock or use seafood powder stock or broth cubes)
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
3 Tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1 ½ Tbsp raw sugar (or preferably corn syrup about 2 tablespoon)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp gochugaru chili flakes (alternatively red chili pepper powder), adjust to your spice tolerance
spring onions or scallions, minced
3 pcs sliced cheese (slice cheese type for burgers)
1. In a pot of water, boil frozen tube rice cakes until they start to float. Turn off heat and rinse in cold water and coat in vegetable oil so they don’t stick together. Set aside.
2. Slice fish cakes into triangle shape. Start by cutting it into square then slice it diagonally to become triangle in shape.
3. In a bowl prepare the tteokbokki sauce. Combine all ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, boil the soup stock or water. Add the sauce mixture, onions, fish cake and rice cake. Let simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir it frequently to prevent the rice cake from sticking into pan.
5. Add spring onions and continue to simmer for about a minute. Turn off heat. Top with slices of cheese on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Instant Tteokbokki ❤️❤️
2 cups frozen Tteokbokki (1 pack)
1 pack Tokppoki Sauce (150g)
1 fresh egg
1-2 tsp basil leaves (or spring onions)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (or sliced cheese, any).. super yummy with melted sliced cheese on top!!!!
Boil frozen rice cake in 2 cups water or broth. Add Instant Tteokbokki Sauce. Simmer over low heat 5-7 minutes. Add a slice of cheese (in my case, I only have extra parmesan cheese). Sprinkle with spring onions, but I used dried basil leaves. Add 1 fresh eggs. Continue to cook for a minute or two. Ready to serve!
Follow me in Tiktok ❤️❤️❤️