The best brigadeiro recipe ever. Today Im happy to share to you the traditional and famous truffles of Brazil. This is very easy to make, even the younger ones can help you make these chocolate balls.
These brigadeiro balls are not just for desserts, you can also use this to glaze your chocolate cake, or use these balls to decorate your cake, and you may also serve these in little cups. Most of all this is also good for home business for the coming holiday, sell it in Christmas boxes or as a holiday giveaways.
How to Cook Brazilian Brigadeiro Balls
1 (14oz) can sweet condensed milk
4-6 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted (Hersheys, Milo or Ovaltine)
2 Tbsp butter
chocolate sprinkles or strands
1. In a small saucepan mix the sweet condensed milk, the cocoa powder and the butter.
2. Bring the sauce pan to the stove and heat it over medium-low heat. Cook it, mixing constantly (this is important, otherwise it will burn!) until it thickens.
3. A way to know is to run your wooden spoon (or spatula) in the middle of the mixture. If it takes a while for the mixture to move, then your brigadeiro is ready!
4. Let it stand and let it cool to room temperature.
5. In a plate or bowl, spread your sprinkles.
6. Once the brigadeiro is cool, grease your hands with water and roll the brigadeiros into little balls. (In Brazil, they usually use half a tablespoon as measurement, but you can make your balls as big or small as you’d like!).
7. Roll the brigadeiro balls into the sprinkles and place them in paper/foil candy cups.