I literally ran out of Calamansi.. I have to cook beef steak today. Yay.. why not use the orange in the fridge instead of Calamansi. Nice idea!
Pineapple Orange Beef Steak
250g beef, thinly slice (rib eye steak or sirloin steak)
4 tablespoons soy sauce + 2 tbsp marinate
1 small can pineapple chunks (227g)
3 small onions, slice into rings
1 orange, juiced (or calamansi)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Marinate beef into 2 tablespoon soy sauce and 1-2 tablespoon pineapple syrup and some salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. In a wok, heat oil and fry the beef one by one until brownish on both sides. Drain from oil and set aside.
3. In another wok, heat oil to saute ½ of the sliced onion rings.
4. Add back fried beef and season with 3 tablespoons soy sauce. Continue to cook until the beef slightly absorbed the soy sauce for about a minute or two.
5. Pour in pineapple chunks with syrup and let it simmer. Squeezed in orange juice or calamansi. Continue to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust taste as needed, by adding additional teaspoon of soy sauce if needed.
7. Lastly add remaining onions, mix and let cook halfway.
8. Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!