This tuna melt sandwich is so yummy. With a touch of cucumber slices, it made my sandwich more juicy and exciting in every bite. You can add 1 more ingredients like lettuce leaves, bacon, tomatoes, pickles or avocado to add color and taste (too sad I forgot to buy lettuce though). Its super quick and easy to make!
Tuna Melt Sandwich (Filipino Style)
- 8 slices if Gardenia bread (or use bagels)
- 1 can Gold Seas tuna (in spring water), drain
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Magnolia cream cheese spread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (singles)
- 4 slices margarine/butter
- 1 small cucumber (pipino), peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- pinch of pepper powder, to taste
lettuce leaves (optional)
- In a bowl, transfer the drained tuna, add mayonnaise, sugar and a pinch pepper powder. Mix well.
- Prepare 8 slices of bread, and spread butter on top of 4 pcs bread.
- Heat a non stick pan and toast the 8 slices of bread in batches.
- Once slightly toasted, remove from pan and transfer into a lined tray.
- Spread cream cheese, and add tuna-mayo mixture, cheddar cheese singles, 4 slices of cucumber.
- Cover each with 1 slice of bread on top.
- Optional: Heat filled sandwiches on broil again (if preferred) until toasted and cheese is melted (about 1 minute or less)
- Serve and enjoy!!