This tuna melt sandwich is so yummy. With a touch of cucumber slices, it made my sandwich more juicy and exciting in every bite. You can add 1 more ingredients like lettuce leaves, bacon, tomatoes, pickles or avocado to add color and taste (too sad I forgot to buy lettuce though). Its super quick and easy to make!
Tuna Melt Sandwich (Filipino Style)
8 slices if Gardenia bread (or use bagels)
1 can Gold Seas tuna (in spring water), drain
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 tablespoons Magnolia cream cheese spread
4 slices cheddar cheese (singles)
4 slices margarine/butter
1 small cucumber (pipino), peeled and sliced
½ teaspoon of sugar
pinch of pepper powder, to taste
lettuce leaves (optional)
1. In a bowl, transfer the drained tuna, add mayonnaise, sugar and a pinch pepper powder. Mix well.
2. Prepare 8 slices of bread, and spread butter on top of 4 pcs bread.
3. Heat a non stick pan and toast the 8 slices of bread in batches.
4. Once slightly toasted, remove from pan and transfer into a lined tray.
5. Spread cream cheese, and add tuna-mayo mixture, cheddar cheese singles, 4 slices of cucumber.
6. Cover each with 1 slice of bread on top.
7. Optional: Heat filled sandwiches on broil again (if preferred) until toasted and cheese is melted (about 1 minute or less)
8. Serve and enjoy!!