Fresh from my oven! My house smelled like cinnamon after baking this banana bread. This is a very quick bteakfast I baked today when I woked up. Try and bake it today and use your extra chocolate in the pantry.
Banana Cinnamon Bread
with Chocolate coins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tbsp baking powder (calumet)
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
3 lakatan banana (mashed)
16 pcs Chocolate coins, divided (garnish)
1. Mashed 3 lakatan over ripe banana in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg and 1 cup sugar until dissolved.
3. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix it well but don’t over mix.
5. Grease your loaf bread pan with oil, and line with baking paper. Pour in your batter, add chocolate coins on top and cover with aluminum foil on top.
6. Bake in the oven for about 130°C for about 40 minutes. Midway baking: Switch from bottom rack to top and turn off the oven heat on top ( just leave bottom heat to do the baking). Check with a toothpick insert on the center to check if its done. You will know.. because it will smell cinnamon all over the house. Smell so perfectly baked. (it shouldn’t smell like its burned or something is wrong.. 😂😂 it means you over baked it.)
Cooking Notes: I am using an electric oven so this heat is just enough to cook a banana bread. Electric ovens can really bake so fast and have very uncontrollable heat. So if you’re using a traditional oven, this oven temp maybe to low for you.
The chocolate coins turned a little blackish at the end of the baking. So i just covered it up with some extra chocolate coins while its very hot.. its looks yummy and better. (btw: the chocolate didn’t turned bitter, its like melted nutella in my opinion).