Simple and easy Chicken Pochero Recipe, or Chicken stewed in beans, cabbage, pechay, bananas, carrots and Baguio beans. Try it today, its super yummy!
Chicken Pochero Recipe
1 kilograms Chicken, chopped in serving pieces
2 medium patatas, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
3 ripe saging na saba, sliced in slant
½ cabbage, chopped (repolyo)
1 medium camote, chopped
2 bundles pechay
1 bundle baguio beans, trimmed
1 pack tomato sauce
1 pack pork & beans
3 butil ng bawang, minced
1 sibuyas, chopped
2 tbsp patis, (fish sauce)
1 chicken broth cubes
1 tbsp banana ketchup
salt and paper, to taste
4 cups water
1 calamansi, juiced (chicken marinate)
1. Prepare chicken, and clean thoroughly, rub with some salt and wash. Let it drain well. Marinate chicken with a squeezed of calamansi and patis for a few minutes. Set it aside.
2. In a large wok, heat some oil and fry the bananas, potatoes, carrots and camote. (half cook). Transfer into a plate and set aside.
3. In a wok, saute garlic, onions until soft and fragrant. Add the chicken, cover and let it brown on the side.
4. Transfer the wok ingredients into a large pot. Add water, season with patis, pepper and broth cubes.
5. Bring it to a boil, and let it cook over low heat until the chicken is tender.
6. Once the chicken is tender, add back the potatoes, carrots, bananas, camote and baguio beans
7. Pour in the tomato sauce, pork and beans. Adjust little sweetness with a tablespoon of ketchup. Mix it well.
8. Lastly, add the cabbage and pechay. Cover pot and let it simmer for a minute or two (half cook green vegetables).
9. Turn off heat and enjoy!