Camaron Rebosado has never been so easy like this! Super duper yummy with Atcharang Labanos and Knorr Crab and Corn Soup Combo. Super easy at super tipid sa oras. Please take note though, that the pancake batter is for 1 kilo shrimp. I only used half of the total batter. If you’re using 1/2 kilo shrimp, you may slice your shrimp in half (hatiin sa gitna pahaba) to double the yield of your Camaron or divide the batter and use the other half for pancake.
Quick and Easy Camaron Rebosado
- ½ kilogram large shrimp
- ½ lemon juiced (or calamansi)
- 250g Maya Hotcake Mix (½ of box), or any pancake mix
- ¾ cups water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil, for deep-frying
- parsley, garnish
- Jufran sweet chili sauce, dipping sauce
- Clean shrimp, remove heads, shell and devein. Do not remove tails.
- Season with salt and ½ lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small pitcher, beat 1 egg, add ¾ cups water, 2 tablespoon oil, 250g maya pancake mix and 1 tablespoon sugar and pinch of salt. Mix it until no more lumps bit don’t overmix. (Use only half of the batter, and cook the other half for pancakes..Set aside.
- Deep Frying: In a wok, heat about 2 cups of oil, and one by one deep each shrimp into pancake batter. Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until brownish.
- Cooking Notes: Do not overcook the shrimp for more than 3 minutes to prevent it from shrinking or becoming rubbery.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Photos used in this recipe are © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All Rights Reserved.