This is really an easy to make soup recipe with egg noodles and chicken meat in hot chicken broth. Just topped it with lots of springs onions, and fresh vegetables and toasted garlic. It is definitely one of the best comfort food in the Philippines. Perfect for a stormy, rainy and cold days. Most Filipinos, just like me, will eat this all season long, any time and even for breakfast.
Easy Chicken Mami Soup
1/2 pound egg noodles
6 cups water
3/4 pound chicken breast, (shredded roasted chicken can also be used)
1 chicken broth cube, to make it tastier
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon fish sauce, (or salt)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-2 stalk spring onions – chopped
1 small carrot – cut into thin strips
2 cups shredded cabbage or iceberg lettuce
1. Using a deep pan or pot, bring water to a boil.
2. If using fresh chicken breasts, remove the chicken bones and slice as thin as possible.
3. Add chicken breasts or shredded roasted chicken, soy sauce, fish sauce or salt and chicken broth cube then cover and simmer until meat is cooked for about 20-30 minutes. (If using roasted chicken, simmer about 10 minutes only).
4. Lower heat to low just to keep the broth hot but not boiling.
5. Divide the cooked noodles into 4 large bowls.
6. In each bowl, add chicken meat, chopped lettuce/cabbage, carrot strips, spring onions and toasted garlic.
7. You may add hard boiled egg if you like. Serve it hot and enjoy!