Feeling like going vegan today? Gazpacho is a naturally fresh cold soup that doesn’t require cooking. It is basically processed using a blender to become a soup. It is very nutritious because it is rich in vitamins A, C, E and minerals. It also contains antioxidants and fibers that can prevent high blood pressure, eye problems and prostate cancer. Best served when chilled. Try it today and enjoy!
Easy Gazpacho Soup Recipe
6 cups chopped, fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, deseeded & chopped
2 tbsp rice vinegar (use a light vinegar or red wine vinegar too)
1-2 tbsp Juice from half a fresh lime (alternatively use lemon or calamansi)
Handful fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chopped tomatoes and garlic in blender and purée until smooth.
2. Add cucumber, onion and red pepper and pulse until chunky.
3. Reserve about 2 cups of chunky mixture and pour into another bowl. Set aside.
4. Add rice vinegar and lime juice to smoothen mixture. Blend it well.
5. Pour smooth mixture into a large bowl and stir in reserved chunky mixture.
6. Add in basil, finely chopped.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Chill well before serving and garnish with a fresh basil and top with some croutons upon serving. Serve and enjoy!
Shelf Life: 4-5 days inside fridge (without chunks mixture and stored properly in airtight containers).
You may also try our:
Credits Sarah Dubler
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.