Shrimp Cocktail is probably the most liked appetizer by everyone. It’s usually gone in the table in just a few minutes of serving. A nice addition to Holiday meals. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
- 15-20 pcs medium shrimp, (cleaned, peeled and deveined)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalk
- 2 bay leaves (laurel)
- 1 large onion cut in half
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic
- some fresh cilantro
- For Cocktail Sauce:
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated Horseradish/labanos (less or more according to your taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or hot sauce if you like it spicy)
- Prepare the shrimp: fill a pot with water and add carrots, celery stalks, bays leaves, onions, lemons, garlic and some cilantro leaves.
- Bring everything to a rolling boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drop the shrimp into the stock. Stir occasionally, until it curls and turns pink. This usually takes just about 3 minutes to cook. Take shrimp out of the stock and set it aside.
- Add a dash of Sriracha sauce, if you like it spicy. Just whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, until well combined.
- In a serving bowl, add the sauce and arrange all the shrimp around the edge. Place it in the center of a platter and decorate the side of the platter with fresh cilantro leaves and slices of fresh lemons. Serve it chilled and enjoy!
- Cook Notes: If you prefer a creamy sauce, just add some Mayonnaise to this recipe. Adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- Its better to make the sauce in advance (about a day or two) to allow all the flavors to marry.
- Another quick and easy way to cook shrimp is to steam it, and season it after with your favorite spice (like cajun powder or old bay seasoning, or paprika).