Shrimp Cocktail is probably the most liked appetizer by everyone. It’s usually gone in the table in just a few minutes of serving. A nice addition to Holiday meals. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
15-20 pcs medium shrimp, (cleaned, peeled and deveined)
2 celery stalk
2 bay leaves (laurel)
1 large onion cut in half
1 lemon cut in half
5 cloves garlic
some fresh cilantro
For Cocktail Sauce:
1 cup Ketchup
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 tablespoons grated Horseradish/labanos (less or more according to your taste)
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1-2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or hot sauce if you like it spicy)
1. Prepare the shrimp: fill a pot with water and add carrots, celery stalks, bays leaves, onions, lemons, garlic and some cilantro leaves.
2. Bring everything to a rolling boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and drop the shrimp into the stock. Stir occasionally, until it curls and turns pink. This usually takes just about 3 minutes to cook. Take shrimp out of the stock and set it aside.
4. Add a dash of Sriracha sauce, if you like it spicy. Just whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, until well combined.
5. In a serving bowl, add the sauce and arrange all the shrimp around the edge. Place it in the center of a platter and decorate the side of the platter with fresh cilantro leaves and slices of fresh lemons. Serve it chilled and enjoy!
Cook Notes: If you prefer a creamy sauce, just add some Mayonnaise to this recipe. Adjust the quantity according to your taste.
Its better to make the sauce in advance (about a day or two) to allow all the flavors to marry.
Another quick and easy way to cook shrimp is to steam it, and season it after with your favorite spice (like cajun powder or old bay seasoning, or paprika).