FISH OMELET RECIPE
1 cup cooked white fish fillet, (or tuna, mackerel etc. in can)
1 oz. butter
4 fresh eggs
a little bechamel sauce (recipe below)
1 tablespoon cream/milk,
seasoning to taste
1. Break up the cooked fish into very small pieces or shreds. Drain from any liquid.
2. Put it in a stewpan with 1 oz. butter, season with pepper and salt, heap up, and add enough white sauce to moisten the fish. Keep hot and set aside.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, beat up lightly, add the cream or milk ; season to taste.
4. Melt an ounce of butter in an omelet pan, pour in the eggs, stir over a quick fire until the mixture begins to set, then shake well.
5. Give it the shape of a cushion, put the prepared fish in the middle, fold in the ends. Allow the omelet to take colour, and turn out on a hot dish. Serve at once. Enjoy!
Makes 1 cup of Bechamel Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
pinch of ground pepper
Melt butter, add flour and let it cook and become lumps..Add milk, mix it well until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.