Budget-friendly and healthy ulam ideas for everyday. Try this Chicken Feet Tinola Soup packed with lots of collagen from the Chicken feet. Nutritious and anti-aging lutong bahay soup. Happy cooking!
Chicken Feet Tinola
½ Kilo Chicken Feet (Paa ng Manok)
1 small green Papaya or 1 sayote, peeled and chopped
2-inch Luya, peel and slice in strips
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 bundle chili leaves (dahon ng sili)
1 siling haba (long green chili pepper)
2 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
salt and pepper, to taste
Hugas bigas (rice washing liquid or plain water)
1. Wash and clean the chicken feet thoroughly. Chop the ends to remove the nails. Drain excess liquid and set aside.
2. In a wok, heat oil to saute onions, garlic and ginger. Then add the chicken feet and let it brown on each side.
3. Season chicken with patis to taste and toss it well to incorporate the patis to the chicken.
4. Pour the rice washing liquid and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken feet is tender.
5. Then add the papaya slices, siling haba and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until the papaya is cooked.
6. Lastly, add the chili leaves (or dahon ng sili). Cover and turn off heat.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!