Delicious savory chicken smothered in honey mustard. Then seasoned, adorned with mushrooms, bacon, and cheese before melted to sweet perfection. This is so yummy!
Alice Spring Chicken (Outback Copycat)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt (or poultry seasoning)
6 bacon slices
¼ cup regular mustard
⅓ cup honey
2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
1 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
1 cup Béchamel sauce
1. Using a mullet, pound the chicken breast fillet meat to make it ½ inch thick. Season and rub the chicken breasts with Lawrys seasoning salt or any poultry seasoning. Cover and let it marinate inside the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the bacon, fry it in the pan until slightly crisp (reserve bacon grease). Once cooked, transfer into a plate and set aside.
3. In the same pan, fry the chicken breast (or grill it for a smoky version) in the bacon grease for about 3-5 minutes per side and let it brown. Transfer the chicken in a dish or casserole (about 9″ × 13″). Set aside.
4. Prepare Honey Mustard: Combine mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes in a small bowl. Mix it well.
5. Spoon the Honey Mustard over each chicken and spread it out evenly. Layer the mushrooms,then followed by crumbled bacon, béchamel sauce and top it with shredded cheese.
6. Bake in the oven at 350°F or 180°C for about 30 minutes, or just until the chicken is done. (Don’t let the cheese burn, and cover it with a foil on top. Then remove foil on the last 5 minutes of baking).
7. Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.