This delicately Fine Mayonnaise is a classic homemade french mayonnaise recipe. Excellent if made exactly according to the recipe. These quantities will make a mayonnaise sufficient for 10 persons. If the mayonnaise is not all wanted at one time fill it into jelly glasses without the cream. It will then keep for some time. The cream can be added where wanted for Use.
Fine Mayonnaise #1
4 yolks of eggs
8 tablespoon salad oil (like olive oil, corn oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, any bland oil etc. )
4 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar
1-2 tablespoon French mustard (or Dijon Mustard)
½ pint or 1 cup whipped cream (or 3 tablespoonfuls condensed milk which is not sweet or sugar free)
1. Put the yolks in a small saucepan and stir them to a cream ;
2. Then slowly add, stirring constantly, 4 tablespoonfuls oil;
3. When this is well mixed, add the 4 spoonfuls vinegar,
4. Set the saucepan in a vessel of boiling water and stir over the fire till contents of saucepan begin to thicken;
5. Then instantly remove and continue the stirring until cold. Then slowly add the remaining 4 spoonfuls of oil, stirring constantly.
6. Next add the salt and sugar; then the mustard and lastly the cream or condensed milk.
Credits: Desserts and Salads Book by Gesine Lemcke
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.