Longsilog is a Filipino breakfast combo of longganisa, sinangag (fried rice) and itlog (fried egg) served together in one plate for breakfast. Longganisa is a Filipino style pork sausage, it tastes sweet and tasty. Some longganisa taste garlicky too because they add lots of garlic and other spices. There are countless of Longganisa recipe in the Philippines and they vary in every region or province.
8 pieces longganisa
½ cup water
4 Fried Eggs, (sunny side-up)
4 cups fried garlic rice
1. In a pan over medium heat, put at least ½ cup of water and let it boil then add the longganisa. Bring it to a boil until all the water evaporates, while its cooking use a scissor to cut the longanisa on every knot in between.
2. Once the water has evaporated, it will begin to render its own fat, so there is no need to add cooking oil. Adjust the heat to low, and don’t let it scorch by constantly stirring.
3. Keep on mixing to give your longganisa an even brown color on all sides.
4. After frying, you may slice it in lengthwise in the center if you prefer it fried inside out. Remove from heat and drain from oil
5. Serve with fried rice and fried egg on each plate. Serve hot and enjoy!