This Waldorf Salad is amazingly delicious!! Though I didn’t find any walnut.. still went yummy with Almonds. In fact, you can use any roasted nuts you like, preferably with flavor of barbeque or garlic will do. The flavor really complimented the flavor of the salad. I can eat this whole bowl of salad all day long.
Watch Waldorf Salad Video:
Waldorf Salad ala Wendy’s
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup diced apples, (1 large apple)
- 1 cup of grapes (seedless)
- ½ cup roasted crushed almonds, hickory barbeque flavor (or preferably walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon honey/sugar
- 1 dash salt
- ½ cup mango yogurt (preferably low fat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 bundle crisp romaine lettuce leaves
- Using a mortar and pestle, crushed nuts into chunks and some powdery texture.
- In a large bowl, add grapes, slice the apple into bite-sized chunks and add into the bowl. Squeezed ½ lemon into the apples.
- Washed lettuce and drain water, chopped and added into the bowl with apples and grapes.
- Make the salad dressing, combine yogurt, dash of salt, one tablespoon honey and two tablespoon mayonnaise. Mix it well and serve it chilled with the salad. Enjoy!