Valentines Day Special Desserts for two.. Try this decadent, budget-friendly Molten Lava Cake using Milo. Celebrate the sweetest Valentines day ever..indulge!
Molten Lava Cake (Milo)
⅓ cup Milo
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp butter, (plus greasing for ramekins)
1 tbsp hot water
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Brush your ramekins with butter generously so it will be easy to unmold after baking.
2. Prepare a double boiler and melt the butter. (A double boiler is a heat proof bowl on top of a simmering pot with water, just halfway full)
3. Dissolve Milo in 1 tablespoon hot water. It will be lumpy and that’s alright.
4. Pour into the bowl of melted butter and mix well, to break the lumps.
5. Remove from heat, add in sugar, pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
6. Beat in 1 egg and add to the mixture, stir until blended. Add in 3 tbsp of flour and mix it again.
7. Transfer into greased ramekins till ¾ full
Bake for about 8-10 minutes or just until the side of the cake is set, the middle is soft but not wobbly.
Serve and Enjoy! Happy Valentines Day!
You may also use a muffin tray if there is no ramekins or even small mugs.