Ginataang Tilapia with Malunggay
3-4 pcs medium tilapia, cleaned and salted
1 large can coconut cream (2 cups)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 knob ginger, cut into strips
1 bundle malunggay leaves, remove stems
3 pcs siling haba/pang-sigang (long green chili pepper)
1½ tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
cooking oil for frying
1. In a non-stick pan, heat enough oil until hot. Fry tilapia until crispy and golden brown on both sides. Drain from oil and set aside.
2. In another pan, heat oil to sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the fish sauce and season with ground black pepper.
4. Pour in the coconut cream and stir from time to time. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for about 30 minutes over low heat. (Add little water if needed).
5. Once the coconut milk is slightly thickened, add the fried tilapia, siling haba and malunggay leaves. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning if needed by adding more patis. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve Hot. Share and Enjoy!
Cooking Notes: You may slice one or two siling haba if you want it spicy.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.