Skip to content
Ginataang Tilapia with Malunggay Recipe
- 3-4 pcs medium tilapia, cleaned and salted
- 1 large can coconut cream (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 knob ginger, cut into strips
- 1 bundle malunggay leaves, remove stems
- 3 pcs siling haba/pang-sigang (long green chili pepper)
- 1½ tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking oil for frying
- In a non-stick pan, heat enough oil until hot. Fry tilapia until crispy and golden brown on both sides. Drain from oil and set aside.
- In another pan, heat oil to sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until soft and fragrant.
- Add the fish sauce and season with ground black pepper.
- Pour in the coconut cream and stir from time to time. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for about 30 minutes over low heat. (Add little water if needed).
- Once the coconut milk is slightly thickened, add the fried tilapia, siling haba and malunggay leaves. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed by adding more patis. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve Hot. Share and Enjoy!
Cooking Notes: You may slice one or two siling haba if you want it spicy.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: