Try the Classic Inihaw na Bangus Recipe or Grilled Milkfish stuffed with tomatoes and onions. You can grill it or alternatively use an oven if there is no grill available. Super easy and super sarap specially with soy sauce, calamansi and labuyo dipping sauce.
CLASSIC INIHAW NA BANGUS
1 boneless milkfish, cleaned
1 large onion, chopped (divided)
1 thumb ginger, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped (divided)
salt and pepper
siling labuyo, (red chili peppers)
oil (to grease foil)
1. In a bowl, mix ½ onion, ginger and 1 tomato and season with salt and pepper.
2. Stuff it in the milkfish belly and wrap in banana leaves or use a FOIL brushed with oil.
3. Grill it for about 15 to 20 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you may also bake it in the oven at 180°C for about 30-40 minutes.
4. Upon serving, spread out the fish on a banana leaf and garnish it with fresh sliced chopped tomatoes, onions, red chillies and calamansi for a more appealing look.
5. Best to serve with steamed rice and soy dipping sauce on the side. (soy sauce, calamansi and siling labuyo)
Happy cooking and enjoy!