Hays aang sarap! Nakakagutom ng paulet ulet.. Happy cooking!
Bistek na Bangus Recipe
1 kilo bangus, chopped in serving size (Milkfish)
1 large onion, sliced into 1/2″ rings
4 cloves of garlic, crushed & minced
⅓ cup of soy sauce
¼ cup of calamansi
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
½ cup water
¼ cup cooking oil
salt and pepper
pinch of sugar
- Marinate sliced pieces of bangus in soy sauce, calamansi, garlic and black pepper for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade. Set aside the marinade.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry bangus until golden brown. Then turn over and fry the other side for 2 minutes. Set on a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Then transfer to a serving dish.
- Leave about 1 tablespoon oil in the pan, add the saved marinade, oyster sauce and ½ cup water and let boil until reduced to half.
- Add onion rings and cook until slightly wilted. Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce and onions over the fried bangus.
- Serve hot and enjoy!