Cardillo versus Sarciado, what’s the difference? If you love to cook Sarciadong Isda, we all know that this recipe is fish cooked with lots of tomatoes. However, most of us are accustomed to adding beaten eggs on it. Did you know that Sarciadong Isda with beaten eggs is called Fish Cardillo (“Kardilyong Isda”). Yep, that’s the correct name if you add eggs to your Sarciado.
Nakakalito siya hindi ba? Sarciado or Cardillo? All I know is that masarap po ito at healthy pa.
FISH CARDILLO RECIPE
1 medium-sized fish, whole or sliced (tilapia, bangus, dalagang bukid, hasa-hasa etc.)
1 large onion, chopped
3-4 tomatoes, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fish sauce or patis
1 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup cooking oil for frying
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season fish with some salt and set aside for 1 hour. Fry until golden brown.
2. In a wok, saute garlic until brown then add onions, tomatoes and season with patis.
3. Stir fry for about 3 minutes, add water and bring it to a boil.
4. Next, add fried fish and let it cook for 3 minutes and stir-in slightly beaten egg.
5. It is cooked once the sauce is thick and beaten egg is formed. Adjust seasoning as needed. Turn-off heat.
6. Transfer and garnish with dahon ng sibuyas (green onions) in a serving dish.
Super easy to make. Its yummy, simple and healthy!