Macapuno Candy is one of my favorite Filipino candy. If you love macapuno, these candies are easy to make. Make it today and start selling these sweet little candies as an add on to your candy business.
The shelf life of these candies will depend on how you store it. Wrap it well in candy wrappers and keep it in clean airtight containers. Always remember that the culprit to quick spoilage is exposure to air.
Cooking Notes: Make sure that your macapuno is a young coconut, super soft or malauhog or you need grind it if not.
Macapuno Candy Recipe
4 cans of condensed milk (300ml each)
2 cups of macapuno preserves
1 cup of cornstarch
4 cups of water
powdered sugar, coating (confectioners sugar) or use regular sugar
1. Prepare the macapuno preserve first by letting it dry for a few hours (cover it with cheesecloth, air dry or simply set aside where it can quickly dry).
2. In a saucepan, add dry macapuno and condensed milk. Cook it over low heat and stir constantly for about 10 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and remove macapuno from the stove. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water, stir and pour this slurry into the macapuno. Stir the macapuno and cornstarch slurry well.
5. Place it back on the stove, cook it again over low heat. Continuously stirring until the mixture starts to thicken and easily separates from the pan. Turn off heat and let cool
6. Prepare a large plate/flat tray and dust it with enough powdered sugar. Transfer the macapuno dough into the dusted plate and flatten it out evenly. This is easier than shaping it into balls one by one.
7. Slice the macapuno into small cubes and sprinkle more powdered sugar.
8. Serve and enjoy!