Skip to content
Post Views: 16,149
Stir-Fry Squid in oyster sauce with vegetables and tokwa (tofu). Wow another pusit recipe you can keep. Quick and easy Filipino menu (lutong bahay).
Stir-Fry Squid Recipe
- 1 kilogram squid, clean and remove inks, (sliced in rings)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 blocks tofu, fried and cubed
- 1 cup Baguio beans, sliced in slant
- 1 sachet oyster sauce (¼ cup)
- ½ cup water + 2 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in water to make slurry)
- 1 siling haba or red hot chili peppers, (optional)
- In a saucepan boil salted water and add squid. Cook for 30 seconds. Strain and soak in cold water. Drain well and set aside.
- Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions in oil until fragrant. Add carrots and let it cook until tender over high heat. Then add in Baguio beans.
- Add in oyster sauce, squid, fried tofu cubes and siling haba. Stir fry over high heat. Toss, turn and let the squid absorb the flavor of oyster sauce for a few seconds.
- Then pour in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Let it cook for one minute (do not overcook squid).
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: