Stir-Fry Squid in oyster sauce with vegetables and tokwa (tofu). Wow another pusit recipe you can keep. Quick and easy Filipino menu (lutong bahay).
Stir Fried Squid Recipe
1 kilogram squid, clean and remove inks, (sliced in rings)
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 head garlic, minced
1 thumb size ginger, peeled and minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, julienned
2 blocks tofu, fried and cubed
1 cup Baguio beans, sliced in slant
1 sachet oyster sauce (¼ cup)
½ cup water + 2 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in water to make slurry)
1 siling haba or red hot chili peppers, (optional)
1. In a saucepan boil salted water and add squid. Cook for 30 seconds. Strain and soak in cold water. Drain well and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions in oil until fragrant. Add carrots and let it cook until tender over high heat. Then add in Baguio beans.
3. Add in oyster sauce, squid, fried tofu cubes and siling haba. Stir fry over high heat. Toss, turn and let the squid absorb the flavor of oyster sauce for a few seconds.
4. Then pour in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Let it cook for one minute (do not overcook squid).
5. Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate.
6. Serve and enjoy!