Tortang Talong at Giniling cooked in Dahon ng Saging. Its a healthier way of cooking Tortang Talong (Eggplant) with less oil. Plus, the flavor of banana leaves is so much better.
Tortang Talong at Giniling (Sa Dahon ng Saging)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pc onion, minced
1 tomato, diced
¼ kg ground pork
1 teaspoon soy sauce
4 pcs eggplant
4 pcs egg, beaten and salted
1. In a pan, sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes and ground pork in oil. Season with soy sauce and mix well. Drain from oil and set aside.
2. Beat 1 egg, add 3 tbsp of meat mixture and place on top of banana leaves, add the eggplant on top.
3. Grease the wok with oil and Fry the eggplant for 2-3 minutes. Transfer on a plate.
4. Place another fresh leaf on the wok, add some beaten egg. Then invert the talong to cook the other side.
5. Transfer on a serving plate and serve with preferred ketchup.
Happy cooking and enjoy!