My favorite kind of Pancit is the Pancit Miki Bihon combo. You can use any meat you like, shrimp, hibe, chicken breast fillet or you may also try it with Lechon Kawali. This is super yummy! The recipe is a budget saver recipe and with only few veggies, but you can follow the optional veggies below if you want more ingredients. Happy cooking!
Pancit Miki Bihon Guisado
¼ kilogram pork kasim, sliced thinly and diced
16 ounces bihon noodles (soaked in water and drain)
8 ounces miki noodles
1 medium size carrot, julienned
½ small size cabbage, shredded
1 large size onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup soy sauce (4 tbsp)
1 chicken bouillon cube, optional
ground black pepper
salt to taste
5 cups water
2 cup snow peas, sliced in slant
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1. In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Then add the pork kasim. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Pour in water, soy sauce and ground black pepper. Simmer until the meat is cooked through.
4. Add the vegetables and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
5. Remove the meat and vegetables with a strainer and transfer on a plate. Set aside.
6. Continue cooking the liquid mixture and add the drained bihon noodles. Mix it well.
7. Then add the miki noodles and combine it well with bihon. Cook until the noodles are soft.
8. Add the meat and vegetables mixture. Toss all the ingredients well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Garnish with spring onions and calamansi on the side. Serve hot and enjoy!